Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mason Jar Lights


I have a small collection of Mason jars, clear and turquoise, and use them for vases and button holders. This summer I am going to be turning some of them into outdoor lights.
The easy way to do it is to just fill it with some sand or pebbles (or not) and put a tea light candle in it, but you can also use solar lights , a battery powered LED light or stuff little party/christmas lights in them.
To hang, attach wire by either wrapping it around the mouth or drilling holes on either end of the mouth.


image source unknown

apartmenttherapy


4 comments:

DolceDreams said...

How I love outdoor lighting...what gorgeous shots here to get inspired by!
Nathalie

Judi FitzPatrick said...

What lovely ideas - thanks for sharing! Must try a couple of these myself.
Peace, Judi

photomcgee said...

What a great idea. Love outdoor lighting!

Maureen said...

I am so in love with Mason Jars!
I just did two hanging sets of jars for inside my house, and five more for outside!!!