I love Oh She Glows healthy vegan recipe blog. I have made at least 20 of her recipes and they never fail. Never. This Protein Power Goddess bowl is one I keep going back to. Packed with good things and really tasty. You can view the full recipe here along with her tips on how to make it even tastier (like swapping kale for the spinach, which I do).
Lightened Up Protein Power Goddess Bowl
Yield: 6 cups
- 1 cup uncooked green lentils (yield 2 & 3/4 cups cooked)
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil, for sautéing
- 1/2 red onion (~1 & 1/3 cups), chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 batch of Lightened Up Tahini-Lemon Dressing (recipe below)
- Kosher salt & black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Lemon Wedges & lemon zest, to garnish
1. Cook lentils and rice according to package directions
2. Prepare the Lightened Up tahini-Lemon dressing in food processor (see below for recipe).
3. In a large skillet over low-medium heat, add your olive oil and sauté the chopped onion and minced garlic
and then add in the chopped red pepper and tomato and sauté for another 7-8 minutes.
4. Stir in the chopped spinach and sauté for another few minutes, just until tender. Stir in the full batch of tahini-Lemon dressing, the cooked & drained grains and lentils, and simmer on low for another few minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the minced parsley.
5. Sprinkle in Chia Seeds
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with lemon wedges and zest. Makes 6 cups.
Lightened Up Tahini-Lemon Dressing
Yield: Just under 1 cup of dressing
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt + freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 3 tbsp water, or as needed