Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Green Smoothie Sorbet

While sipping one of my Green Smoothies the other morning, I had the best idea:  freeze it!   The first try was not very successful as I didn't think the recipe would have to be adapted at all, but the next attempt was pretty good.  
It does have a bit of an icy consistency, so I plan on trying to heat the ingredients before freezing next time to see if it helps.  You could also fold in some coconut cream, just before pouring the ingredients into the ice cream maker,  to it to give it a creamier texture.  

        
      Images © Lisa Sieczka


"Green" Smoothie Sorbet:

3 cups Vanilla Coconut Milk
1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
1/2 to 1 cup strawberries (frozen or fresh)
1 ripe banana
1/4 - 1/3 cup agave nectar (depending on taste)
1 - 2 cups spinach (loosely packed)

Blend until smooth in blender, adding more milk if mixture gets too thick.
Pour into ice cream maker and follow manufacturers directions.




1 comment:

Jude Ferrara Rush said...

I'm going to try this one! I'm in need of a way to sneak vegetables past my kid.