Lemon Berry Vegan Muffins:
*Yield 12-16 muffins
- 2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c. wheat germ (or flax meal)
- 1 c. non dairy milk (I used Almond)
- 1/4 c. oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1Tbsp lemon rind
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup chopped, fresh , organic strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh, organic blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with 12 liners.
2. In a medium/large size bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients ( flour, baking soda, wheat germ, sugar, salt, lemon rind).
3. In a small bowl, mix together wet ingredients (oil, maple syrup, vanilla, almond milk, lemon juice). Combine wet and dry ingredients and lightly stir until mixed.
3. Gently stir in the fresh or frozen blueberries and fresh strawberries until just combined. Spoon to the top of paper liners.
4. Bake at 350F for about 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick or butter knife inserted into the middle comes clean.
5. Cool and enjoy!