Monday, April 30, 2012

Muriel's Playlist

My grandmother Muriel had so much style.  Born in 1919, she was between 18 and 25 in the pictures of her below, from the late 1930s to early 1940s.  Aren't they amazing?!

Her passions were music (see "Muriel's playlist" below), reading, fashion and art.  For awhile, she was making pottery and would let all of the grand kids use her pottery wheel and make creations.  I have such fond memories of being in that damp Michigan basement, getting my hands dirty with clay, water and paint.  I miss her very much.






 


Here is her high school portrait from 1938:
 

Muriel's Playlist

  1.  Moonlight serenade - Glenn Miller
  2.  Them There Eyes - Peggy Lee
  3. Summertime - Billie Holiday
  4. They Can't Take That Away From Me - Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
  5. The Girl From IpanemaStan Getz and Joao Gilberto
  6. Take The "A" Train - Duke Ellington 
  7. September in the Rain - Dinah Washington
  8. The Way You Look Tonight - Billie Holiday 
  9. Am I Blue - Ethel Waters  
  10. Moonglow - Artie Shaw and his Orchestra
  11. I Can Dream Can't I - The Andrew Sisters
  12. If I Didn't Care - The Ink Spots
  13. You Made Me Love You - Judy Garland
  14. Smile - Nat King Cole
  15. How Deep is the Ocean - Peggy Lee
  16. In the Mood - Glenn Miller
  17. The Man I Love - Billie Holiday
  18. I'm Beginning to See the Light - Ella Fitzgerald and The Ink Spots
  19. Paper Doll - The Mills Brothers
  20. It's Been A Long Long Time - Harry James
  21. Blue Moon - Julie London
  22. I'm in the Mood for Love - Tommy Dorsey
  23. What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong   

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

i love these playlists you leave us. so great.