I wanted to create a very easy vegan fruit bar that both of my kids would want to eat. My youngest likes the flavor of coconut, but not the texture, so I added coconut oil, but no flakes. These would also be great with a bit of lemon zest for tartness, but I didn't think of it until after. These were quick and easy and really yummy. You can store them in an air tight container for about a week.
Vegan Coconut Raspberry Bars
Yield: 16 bars
- 1/4 cup vegan butter ( I use Earth Balance dairy and soy-free)
- 1/4 cup organic virgin coconut oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups raspberry preserves (or one 11 ounce jar)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and lightly grease a 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Add dry ingredients (flour, oats, cinnamon sugar, and walnuts) to bowl and mix well. Add butter and coconut oil and blend until a crumbly mixture forms. Reserve 1/4 of the mixture and firmly press the rest into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Spread preserves on top of the crust.
- Sprinkle remaining mixture on top of preserves and press lightly.
- Bake for 25 minutes and cool.
- Cut into 16 squares and serve.